This tutorial provides a summary of the main elements of change management based on Prosci’s benchmarking research over the past two decades.
Defining these change management elements ensures a common understanding of what change management is. Tools or components of change management include:
- Readiness assessments
- Communication and communication planning
- Sponsor activities and sponsor roadmaps
- Coaching and manager training for change management
- Training and employee training development
- Resistance management
- Data collection, feedback analysis and corrective action
- Celebrating and recognizing success
The change management process is the sequence of steps or activities that a change management team or project leader follow to apply change management to a change in order to drive individual transitions and ensure the project meets its intended outcomes. The below elements have been identified from research as key elements of a successful change management process.
These elements are incorporated into Prosci’s 3-Phase Process. Learn more about Prosci’s methodology and how to apply it to achieve better outcomes.